- Thomas Sterling, Maciej Brodowicz, and Timur Gilmanov. Towards Brain-Inspired System Architectures. In Brain-Inspired Computing, volume 8603 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 159-170. Springer International Publishing, 2014.
- Thomas Sterling, Daniel Kogler, Matthew Anderson, and Maciej Brodowicz. SLOWER: A performance model for Exascale computing. Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations, 1:42–57, September 2014.
- David Neilsen, Steven L. Liebling, Matthew Anderson, Luis Lehner, Evan O’Connor, and Carlos Palenzuela. Magnetized neutron stars with realistic equations of state and neutrino cooling. Phys. Rev. D., 89:104029, May 2014.
- Joseph A. Cottam and Peter Wang. Preserving Data While Rendering. Parsons Journal for Information Mapping, 6(1), January 2014.
- Y. Gu, W. Chen, Z.-J. Fu, and B. Zhang. The singular boundary method: Mathematical background and application in orthotropic elastic problems. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 2014.
- Y. Gu, W. Chen, B. Zhang, and W. Qu. Two general algorithms for nearly singular integrals in two dimensional anisotropic boundary element method. Computational Mechanics, 53:1223-1234, 2014.
- Marcin Zalewski, Thejaka Amila Kanewala, Jesun Sahariar Firoz, and Andrew Lumsdaine. Distributed Control: Priority Scheduling for Single Source Shortest Paths Without Synchronization. In Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop on Irregular Applications: Architectures and Algorithms, November 2014. IEEE Press.
- B. Zhang. Asynchronous task scheduling of the fast multipole method using various runtime systems. In Forth Workshop on Data-Flow Execution Models for Extreme Scale Computing, Edmonton, Canada, August 2014.
- Matthew Anderson, Maciej Brodowicz, Luke Dalessandro, Jackson DeBuhr, and Thomas Sterling. A dynamic execution model applied to distributed collision detection. In 29th International Supercomputing Conference (ISC), 2014, Leipzig, Germany, June 2014.
- Carl Friedrich Bolz, Tobias Pape, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt, and Jeremy G. Siek. Meta-tracing makes a fast Racket. In 8th Workshop on Dynamic Languages and Applications, June 2014. ACM SIGPLAN.
- Timur Gilmanov, Olga Scrivner, and Sandra Kübler. SWIFT Aligner, A Multifunctional Tool for Parallel Corpora: Visualization, Word Alignment, and (Morpho)-Syntactic Cross-Language Transfer. In Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC’14), Reykjavik, Iceland, May 2014. European Language Resources Association (ELRA).
- Thomas Sterling, Matthew Anderson, P. Kevin Bohan, Maciej Brodowicz, Abhishek Kulkarni, and Bo Zhang. Towards Exascale Co-design in a Runtime System. In Exascale Applications and Software Conference, Stockholm, Sweden, April 2014.
- Joseph A. Cottam, Andrew Lumsdaine, and Peter Wang. Abstract Rendering: Out-of-core Rendering for Information Visualization. In SPIE Conference on Visualization and Data Analysis (VDA), February 2014.
- Jayashree Ajay Candadai, Sridhar Radhakrishnan, Venkatesh Sarangan, and V. Mahendran. Distributed Sink Tree Construction in Wireless Sensor Networks with Promiscuous Learning. In Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), IEEE 80th., January 2014.
- Eric Holk, Ryan Newton, Jeremy Siek, and Andrew Lumsdaine. Region-based memory management for GPU programming languages: enabling rich data structures on a spartan host. In Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Conference on Object Oriented Programming Systems Languages & Applications, pages 141–155, 2014. ACM.
- Eric Holk, Ryan Newton, Jeremy Siek, and Andrew Lumsdaine. Region-based Memory Management for GPU Programming Languages. In OOPSLA: Conference on Object Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications, 2014. ACM.
- Levi King, Eric Baucom, Timur Gilmanov, Sandra Kübler, Daniel Whyatt, Wolfgang Maier, and Paul Rodrigues. The IUCL+ System: Word-Level Language Identification via Extended Markov Models. In Proceedings of the First Workshop on Computational Approaches to Code-Switching, 2014. EMNLP 2014, Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, Doha, Qatar.
- Weiyu Miao and Jeremy G. Siek. Compile-time Reflection and Metaprogramming for Java. In ACM SIGPLAN 2014 Workshop on Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation (PEPM ’14), January 2014.
- Michael M. Vitousek, Jeremy G. Siek, Andrew Kent, and Jim Baker. Design and Evaluation of Gradual Typing for Python. In DLS: Dynamic Languages Symposium, 2014.
- Larisse Voufo, Marcin Zalewski, and Andrew Lumsdaine. Scoping Rules on a Platter: A Framework for Understanding and Specifying Name Binding. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Generic Programming, WGP ’14, New York, NY, USA, pages 59–70, 2014. ACM.
- U. S. Wickramasinghe, Greg Bronevetsky, Andrew Lumsdaine, and Andrew Friedley. Hybrid MPI: A Case Study on the Xeon Phi Platform. In Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Runtime and Operating Systems for Supercomputers, ROSS ’14, New York, NY, USA, pages 6:1–6:8, 2014. ACM.
- A. Lumsdaine. Distributed Control for Scalable Parallel Algorithms. Presentation at High-performance Graph Algorithms and Applications in Computational Science, November 2014.
- Thomas Sterling. Technology Updates and HPC Developments; Driving the Dirt Roads of the Semiconductor Roadmap, November 2014.
Note: Plenary Presentation at the CHPC Annual Conference 2014.
- Thomas Sterling. You Can’t- They’re Entangled, November 2014.
Note: Talk at the SC14 Panel entitled HPC Productivity or Performance: Choose One.
- Thomas Sterling. Reactive Runtime Systems for Hetergeneous Extreme Computations, November 2014.
Note: Presentation at the NVIDIA Theatre during SC14.
- Thomas Sterling. Yes- But We Won’t, November 2014.
Note: Talk at the SC14 Panel entitled Can We Avoid Building an Exascale Stunt Machine?
- Thomas Sterling. Challenge or Complement- Architecture Matters, October 2014.
Note: Presentation at the IEEE Technologies Time Machine Meeting.
- S. Tambe T. Georgiev and A. Lumsdaine. The Radon Image as Plenoptic Function. Presentation at IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, October 2014.
- T. Georgiev and A. Lumsdaine. Theory and Methods of Lightfield Photography. Presentation at European Conference on Computer Vision, September 2014.
- Thomas Sterling. Extreme Scale Architecture: the Small for the Large, September 2014.
Note: Presentation at the ScalPerf’14 Conference.
- A. Lumsdaine. Programming Models/Methods for Productivity. Presentation at Extreme-scale Productivity Workshop, August 2014.
- Thomas Sterling. Computational Physics at Extreme Scale, August 2014.
Note: Presentation at the CCP’14 Workshop.
- Thomas Sterling. Beyond Exascale: Extreme Scale Architecture in the Neo-Digital Age, July 2014.
Note: Presentation at the International Advanced Research Workshop on High Performance Computing from Clouds and Big Data to Exascale and Beyond.
- T. Sterling and A. Lumsdaine. Parallex: Theory and Practice for Lightweight Threading. Presentation at 2014 ACS Productivity Workshop, July 2014.
- Thomas Sterling. ParalleX: Theory and Practice for Lightweight Threading, July 2014.
Note: Presentation at the ACS Productivity Workshop.
- Thomas Sterling. The SLOWER Performance Framework for Co-Design of Extreme-Scale Systems, July 2014.
Note: Plenary Presentation at the International Workshop on Extreme Scale Scientific Computing.
- Andrew Lumsdaine and Thomas Sterling. A Beginner’s Guide to SuperComputing, June 2014.
Note: Tutorial at the International SuperComputing Conference.
- Thomas Sterling. The Basics of Supercomputing, June 2014.
Note: Tutorial at the International Supercomputing Conference 2014.
- Thomas Sterling. The ParalleX Execution Model for Extreme-Scale Computing, June 2014.
Note: Invited seminar at the Blue Brain Project at EPFL.
- Thomas Sterling. HPC Achievement and Impact 2014, June 2014.
Note: Keynote at the International Supercomputing Conference 2014.
- A. Lumsdaine. Standardization: Lessons Learned. Presentation at Graph Algorithms Building Blocks (GABB’2014), May 2014.
- A. Lumsdaine. The (Parallel) BGL: A High-Performance Parallel Graph Algorithms Library. Presentation at 19th International Workshop on High-level Parallel Programming Models and Supportive Environment (HIPS), May 2014.
Note: Keynote presentation.
- Larisse Voufo and Andrew Lumsdaine. ConceptClang: Theroretical Advances with Full C++ Concepts. Invited talk at C++Now’14 Conference in Aspen, Colorado, May 2014.
- Joseph A. Cottam. Visualization and Analysis with Python, March 2014.
Note: Tutorial at IEEE VIS 2014 with Jonathan Woodring, Julien Jomier and Peter Wang.
- Thomas Sterling. Biggest Challenges, March 2014.
Note: Panel chair at the 2014 National HPCC Conference.
- Thomas Sterling. HPC in Phase Change for Exascale Computing, March 2014.
Note: Keynote at the 10th annual Open Fabrics Alliance International Developers Workshop.
- Thomas Sterling. Extreme Computing, March 2014.
Note: Presentation at 2014 National HPCC Conference.
- Andrew Lumsdaine. Dynamic Runtime Systems for Scalable Graph Processing, February 2014.
Note: Presentation at the 2014 SIAM PP Conference.
- Andrew Lumsdaine. High–Performance Computing on Graphs, February 2014.
Note: Participated in a panel at the SIAM PP Conference.
- Andrew Lumsdaine and Todor Georgiev. Theory and Methods of Lightfield Photography, February 2014.
Note: Tutorial at the 2014 Electronic Imaging Science and Technology Conference.
- Andrew Lumsdaine. Computational Photography, February 2014.
Note: Chaired Computational Photograhy Panel at the 2014 Electronic Imaging Science and Technology Conference.
- Thomas Sterling. ParalleX: Defining the Computer of the Future, February 2014.
Note: Symposium on Asynchronous Adaptive Runtimes for Exascale HPC at SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing.
- Thomas Sterling. Brain Related Computing Beyond Moore’s Law, February 2014.
Note: Presentation at the 2014 Neuro-Inspired Computational Elements Workshop.
- Thomas Sterling. The Future of Application Development and Exascale Computing, February 2014.
Note: Keynote at the 2014 Mardi Gras Conference on Application Development for Exascale Computing.
- Andrew Lumsdaine. Parallel Graph Algorithms and Data Structures, January 2014.
Note: Presentation at Intel Non-Numeric Computing Workshop.
- T. Georgiev and A. Lumsdaine. Blended rendering of focused plenoptic camera data. U.S. Patent 8,860,833., October 2014.
- T. Georgiev and A. Lumsdaine. Methods, apparatus, and computer-readable storage media for depth-based rendering of focused plenoptic camera data. U.S. Patent 8,817,015., August 2014.
- A. Lumsdaine and J. Willcock. Compression system and method for accelerating sparse matrix computations. U.S. Patent 8,775,495., July 2014.
- G. Chunev T. Georgiev and A. Lumsdaine. Methods and apparatus for super-resolution in integral photography. U.S. Patent 8,724,000., May 2014.