Principal Software Engineer
- Ph.D., 2010, Computer Science, University of Chicago
- M.S., 2007, Computer Science, University of Chicago
- B.S., 2004, Computer Science, Indiana University
- B.S., 2004, Cognitive Science, Indiana University
- Design and implementation of programming languages
- Parallel and high-performance computing
Recent Research Projects
- Deepsea, parallel and dynamic computation, under European Union ERC grant, http://deepsea.inria.fr
- Manticore, parallel functional language, under NSF grant, http://manitcore.cs.uchicago.edu/
- Acar, Umut A, Arthur Charguéraud, and Mike Rainey. 2015. “A Work-Efficient Algorithm for Parallel Unordered Depth-First Search.” In Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis. ACM.
- Acar, Umut A, Arthur Charguéraud, and Mike Rainey. 2016. “Oracle-Guided Scheduling for Controlling Granularity in Implicitly Parallel Languages.” Journal of Functional Programming. Cambridge University Press.
- Acar, Umut A, Naama Ben-David, and Mike Rainey. 2017. “Contention in Structured Concurrency: Provably Efficient Dynamic Nonzero Indicators for Nested Parallel Computation.” ACM.
- Acar, Umut A, Arthur Charguéraud, and Mike Rainey. 2013. “Scheduling Parallel Programs by Work Stealing with Private Deques.” In 18th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming. ACM.
- Acar, Umut A, Arthur Charguéraud, and Mike Rainey. 2014. “Theory and Practice of Chunked Sequences.” In The 22nd Annual European Symposium on Algorithms. Springer.